Dive into a Kentucky Bourbon Affair
For bourbon enthusiasts, the Kentucky Bourbon Affair is the ultimate bucket-list experience. Louisville, Kentucky, is the heart and soul of American bourbon history, dating back to the 1700s. The KY Bourbon Affair is an extreme bourbon fantasy camp and the only event hosted by the award-winning distilleries and world-class mixologists themselves.
When: June 5 – 10, 2018
Where: There are many special events over the course of this week. They each take place at the following Louisville bourbon distilleries, at museums, in restaurants, or hotels. Check the schedule to find what interests you in order to purchase tickets. They’re selling out fast.
A Kentucky Bourbon Affair to Remember
- Mingle with Master Distillers.
- Eat superb bourbon cuisine and talk bourbon culture with top chefs.
- Handpick your own private barrel selections of the ultimate bourbons and vintage whiskies.
- Sample rare bourbons, unavailable to the market.
- Get VIP tours with family owners and receive behind the scenes access.
- Enjoy exclusive nightcap events with Bourbon Barons of Kentucky’s legendary industry.
- Play games, have a blast, and test your blade & bow skills with the great bourbon makers.
Wilderness Trail’s Bottled in Bond Celebration
The Wilderness Trail Distillery offers guests a first taste of Bottled in Bond Bourbon & will even take home a complimentary bottle from the limited 2018 barrel release. The celebration includes live music and hearty hors d’oeuvres served from Porch Kitchen & Bar. The event also features cocktail pairings from our award-winning Blue Heron Vodka & Harvest Rum. Please be sure to listen closely for door prize giveaway. A winner will be called out to receive a Single Barrell Cask Strength Bourbon (not included in the 2018 release). Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to experience everything-bourbon right here at the Marriott Downtown.
When: June 8th, 6-9 PM
Where: 280 West Jefferson, Louisville, Kentucky 40202
- Taste one-of-a-kind bourbons… not yet on the market.
- Learn techniques about fermentation, distillation, aging, and more, plus sampling.
- Advance your palate with fine bourbon, vintage whiskey, and food pairings.
- Mini Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Cones with Bourbon Ball Ice Cream
- Hot Brown Roulade: Mayfield Turkey Breast Wrapped Around Maple Bacon, Tomato
- Jam Served with a Swiss Mornay and Sourdough Chard
- Shaved Country Ham and Local Cheeses
- Sizzled Brussels: Cooked to Order and Tossed in Wilderness Trail Apple Bourbon Caramel
- Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey Glazed Pork Belly on Cheddar Apple Tater Tot
- Grilled Pretzel Mac and Cheese Sliders
- Smoked Brisket Flatbread, Charred Tomato, Caramelized Onion and Gouda
- Warm Wilderness Trail Bourbon Butter Cake with Bernoulli Ice Cream
- Chocolate Espresso Tart
Participating KY Bourbon Affair 2018:
- Evan Williams
- Angels Envy
- Bulleit Frontier
- Four Roses Bourbon
- Heaven Hill
- Jim Beam (Knob Creek)
- Maker’s Mark
- Michter’s Limited Production
- O.Z. Tyler
- Old Forester
- Wild Turkey
- Woodford Reserve
- Jeptha Creed
- Limestone Branch
- Rabbit Hole
- Bourbon Town Branch
- Wilderness Trail
- Bourbon Women: A Frontier Feast
- Whisky Chicks: Bourbon Badass Brun
Relax After You Celebrate Kentucky’s Signature Industry
After an exciting day of Kentucky bourbon indulgence, return to nearby Marriott Louisville Downtown with a smile.
Relax and enjoy dinner at our brand-new restaurant, Porch Kitchen & Bar. Choose from a variety of sumptuous comfort dishes such as Cornbread Muffins, Prime Skirt Steak, Homemade Truffle Chips, Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos, and more. We offer a vast selection of bourbons, so stop by the bar for a night cap.