Spend the Holiday with Us at Light Up Louisville
Light Up Louisville offers the perfect opportunity to kindle the holiday spirit with family and friends. This annual event kicks off on Friday, November 25—the day after Thanksgiving. The Plaza at Fourth and Jefferson streets transforms into Holiday Square, featuring an outdoor ice skating rink, Lot of Lights Parade, the arrival of Santa Claus and much more!
Marriott Louisville Downtown is located only steps from this family-friendly event.
Your Guidebook to This Year’s Light Up Louisville at Holiday Square:
- The Ice Skating Rink – Head over to Holiday Square and listen for the sound of traditional holiday songs as you approach the 100’ x 44’ outdoor ice skating rink, made of real ice. Skate rentals and concessions are available, starting at 11am.
- World Market – Peruse the open-air chalet-styled booths where local artisans and vendors display handcrafted gifts. Enjoy holiday beverages and delicious food at this unique outdoor shopping experience inspired by the Christkindl markets in Germany.
- Run, Run Rudolph 5K – Do you know the most famous reindeer of all? Whether you dash to the finish line or jingle all the way with the other walkers, this is the perfect yuletide event the whole family will enjoy. All ages are welcome to compete or walk the distance.
- Lot of Lights Parade – Discover Fourth Street decked in lights, elves and boughs of holly. Follow the parade of bands, carolers and floats to the main stage where Santa will arrive to light up downtown Louisville.
- Santa’s House – Kids will love this festive holiday tradition at Santa’s Shop. Bring them to visit Old Saint Nick and have their photo taken.
- Bourbon & Beer Village – No Louisville festival is complete unless there’s an ample variety of bourbon around. This is Kentucky, after all. Enjoy holiday-inspired cocktails, a selection of craft brews, music and entertainment. Guest seating is available. Rest your tired feet and sip a delicious hand-crafted cocktail, like warm apple cider or a bourbon Hot Toddy.
Downtown Louisville Hotel Near All the Action
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our downtown Louisville hotel. Holiday Square and Santa’s House is located only .2 miles away. Enjoy the comfort of upscale accommodations and top-notch amenities near all the best downtown attractions.
Our on-site dining options make meal times easy and hassle free. Champions Sports Bar & Grill offers a variety of kid-friendly menu options, craft beers and also sports the 2 largest HD screens in Louisville.
Make Marriott Louisville Downtown Your Home for the Holidays.
- A variety of spacious guest rooms and suites ideal for singles, couples, families and groups
- Hotel amenities and services include modern conveniences, such as hi-speed internet access, a concierge lounge, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness club
- Formal and casual on-site dining options, including an on-site Starbucks, 24-hour room service and local restaurant dinner deliver
- In-room refrigerator and coffee maker, with complimentary coffee and tea and newspaper
May your holidays be filled with joy and happiness. Marriott Louisville Downtown welcomes you, your family and loved ones to this year’s Light Up Louisville.