Kentucky Convention Center Closed for Expansion
Beginning in August of 2016, the Kentucky Convention Center will be closed as it embarks on a two-year expansion and renovation project. The upgrade to the thirty-five-year-old facility will help bring more conventions and events to the city of Louisville. The renovation has an anticipated completion date of July 2018.
Conferences, meetings, expos and other gatherings that would have used the Convention Center as their assembly space should look into the offerings of the Marriott Louisville Downtown as a comparable, elegant alternative while the Convention Center completes its remodel and build-out. Check out some of the numerous perks that come with your reservation of the Louisville Marriott meeting and event space.
Host Your Louisville Meeting or Event at Marriott Louisville
- The Marriott Louisville is conveniently located less than six miles away from the Kentucky Exposition Center, one of the major large spaces that accommodates a number of conventions and conferences throughout the year. We understand that many groups may be using the Exposition Center as an alternative to the Kentucky Convention Center, so be sure to take advantage of the close proximity and amenities available right here at our hotel.
- Our hotel features over 38,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, which includes a ballroom with over 20,00 square feet and the capability of holding 2,300 guests. If you are in need of a more compact space, choose from one of our mid-sized ballrooms or one of our boardrooms for an intimate experience.
- If you’re planning a meeting or business convention, The Marriott Louisville has all of the following meeting equipment, and more, at your service: LCD, overhead, film, rear screen and 35mm style projectors, microphones, AV equipment, PA systems, stages, televisions, video cameras and equipment, LCD panels, walkie-talkie radios and CD players. We also have onsite AV technicians, photographers, videoconference aids, specialty lighting techs, decorators, electricians, locksmiths, carpenters and many more staff members who are happy to assist you and troubleshoot any issues that you may have.
- Need an event or meeting planner? The Marriott Louisville is happy to match you with one of our expert event planners who can help you put together a winning conference, retreat, meeting or other event.
- On-site Catering – Events by the Marriott Louisville is delighted to cater your next gathering, whether it be a well-attended convention reception in our grand ballroom or a small business lunch in one of our fully featured meeting rooms. Inquire directly to find out more about our range of delicious menu options and catering styles.
- Centrally located in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, with easy access to transportation options, fine dining, shopping, 4th Street Live Entertainment District, and all the best of what Bourbon county has to offer.
If you are interested in group deals, hosting meetings, and planning events, the Marriott Louisville offers a number of customizable packages for various functions. When you’re ready to begin planning your next meeting or event, Marriott Louisville is here to fit all your needs.
For groups and meetings, submit an RFP here.
For weddings and events, submit an RFP here.