I am Ali Festival
The I am Ali Festival is back in town for a second year, opening on the one-year anniversary of Muhammad Ali’s passing. Hosted by Louisville, the six-week citywide festival is a celebration of the boxing legend’s legacy and global impact. The festival will highlight Ali’s “six core principles,” which are Confidence, Conviction, Dedication, Respect, Giving and Spirituality. The event is expected to draw more than 17,000 attendees and athletes.
There will be local artists and cultural groups, performances and events, including two premier girls’ basketball tournaments. Many of the events will be held at the Muhammad Ali Center, where Ali spent a lot of time spearheading the vision and direction of the facility. The festival will culminate at the Kentucky Exposition Center with the tournaments, ‘Run 4 Roses Basketball Classic’ and ‘Battle in the Boro.’
Celebrate the Muhammad Ali Legacy
This incredible celebration is once again coming to Downtown Louisville between June 3 and July 15, 2017. As part of the I am Ali Festival, there will be a series of fun events and activities for fans of all ages, each tied to each one of Ali’s core principles.
- June 3-10: Spirituality – Local arts and education organizations will provide booths and entertainment for younger guests. The Ali Center will also be showing a video of Ali’s memorial service in its entirety. The Louisville Slugger Field will also be hosting an event—Louisville Bats Kickoff/Muhammad Ali Appreciation Night, featuring a baseball game and special tributes.
- June 11-17: Giving – Join the “Daughters of Greatness” for breakfast and to hear lectures from prominent women engaged in social philanthropy. Lesly Visser will be a guest speaker. Visitors of all ages will also have an opportunity to give back by participating in service projects with local organizations.
- June 18-24: Respect – Learn how you can live a healthier lifestyle with a series of fitness demonstrations, screenings and eating tips.
- June 25-July 1: Conviction – Watch a double-feature of two iconic films on the life Muhammad Ali.
- July 2-8: Dedication – Tour the three levels of the Ali Center to see award-winning exhibits.
- July 9-15: Confidence – Watch the Run 4 Roses Basketball Classic and Battle in the Boro at the Kentucky Exposition Center. The event will also include a special concert featuring a surprise guest. In honor of the festival, various attractions will be providing discounts to festival attendees when they present their “I AM ALI” Attendee Access Pass. Visit www.gotolouisville.com for a complete list of participating venues.
The Perfect Hotel Near the Kentucky Exposition Center
If you are searching for the perfect place to stay during the I am Ali Festival, look no further than the Louisville Marriott Downtown, one of the top-rated hotels near the Kentucky Exposition Center. Our 4 Diamond AAA downtown hotel offers spacious and contemporary rooms and modern amenities, while our stellar location offers easy access to all the festival action. We are also walking distance to local highlights like the 4th Street Live Entertainment District. When you’re not at the festival, take a dip in our heated indoor pool, or take advantage of our fully-equipped fitness center where you can enjoy a good.
Our downtown hotel also features several enticing dining options, including the upscale fare and signature cocktails at BLU Italian Grille as well as the classic American cuisine and live sporting action at Champion’s Sports Bar & Grill. Fresh coffee and pastries are also available at our on-site Starbucks®. The I am Ali Festival is a unique celebration of the life and work of an icon, and Louisville Marriott Downtown hotel is the perfect home base for experiencing this important annual event.